Saturday, July 27, 2019

Weekend Book Reviews

Pinot Red or Dead? by J.C. Eaton is the third book in the Wine Trail Mystery series.  Between holiday preparations at the winery and finishing her screenplay, Norrie has her hands full.  She does not need the headaches of hijacked distributor trucks or sabotaged wine, but she gets those as well.  When the owner of the wine distributing company is found dead near the winery, Norrie dives into the mystery.  Even though I have no interest in wine, I like this series.  The mystery kept me guessing until the end.  Norrie is a strong character with some common sense.  This series is always on my reading list. 

The Mermaid Cookbook by Alix Carey is perfect for any mermaid lovers.  I was pleasantly surprised that the recipes were fairly simple.  The decorating tips made me confident that I could recreate the items.  The mermaid toast is fun and easy enough to do anytime.  This would be perfect for an impressive mermaid theme party or just for an extra special dessert for the mermaid fans in your life. 

Bookies:  Bookmarks to Crochet by Jonas Matthias features 17 bookmarks to crochet.  I wanted to make them all, but my favorites were the flamingo and sheep.  The directions were easy to follow, and pictures/explanations of the stitches were included.  I appreciated that plenty of pictures of the work in progress were included.  My only issue was the specialty yarn used.  It is not something that I can pick up in stores or even easily order online from major retailers.  I will keep searching for a better purchase option as these are too cute not to make.

disclosure:  I received these e-books through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: