Sunday, June 7, 2020

Sunday Book Reviews

Dead in the Doorway by Diane Kelly is the second book in the House Flipper Mystery series.  Whitney and her cousin have their first house to flip thanks to a great loan from her employers.  A dead body in the foyer threatens to ruin her house flipping dreams.  Whitney investigates and is not sue if the property neighbors are good people or murderers.  The mystery portion was strong, and I love the characters.  I look forward to reading more of Whitney's adventures.

The first book in the Finn Family Farm Mystery series by Elle Brook White is Dead on the Vine.  Charlotte has inherited her uncle's produce farm, and her only plan is to sell it.  Her quick sale plan goes off track when a dead body is found in the tomato patch.  Charlotte is now investigating a murder in addition to running the family farm.  The longer she stays the more attached she becomes.  When I first started this book, I thought I was going to hate it.  I was not sure that a character who thought a 1996 car was "classic" would ever be likable.  The more I read the more I liked Charlotte, her friends, and the farm fixtures.  By the end I found myself looking forward to the next book.

Shredding the Evidence by Daryl Wood Gerber is the ninth book in the Cookbook Nook Mystery series.  Jenna is excited about Food Bowl Week in Crystal Cove including the part that her bookstore will play.  The death of a local food reporter who seems to have set everyone she met on edge threatens to put a damper on the week.  It is even worse when her best friend's husband is the main suspect.  This was a good story with plenty of twists and turns along the way.  The series is great for food lovers.

disclosure:  I received these e-books through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: