Friday, January 1, 2021

2021 Goals - January

 I decided that trying to do year long goals just did not work form me.  Instead I am going to with monthly goals.  I will pick 2-4 things I want to work on during the month.  Let's get right to January.


1.  Pantry Challenge - I am budgeting $30 for the entire month for grocery spending.  Our pantry and freezers are full.  I half jokingly told my husband that I was going to open the freezer and grab the first thing I saw.  The truth part is that I am doing that with our refrigerator freezers.  They are just a mess and are driving me crazy.  My ultimate goal is to use the kitchen refrigerator freezer for the current week's meals.  The pantry refrigerator freezer will be for leftovers and breads.  Our main freezer in the laundry room will be for stocking up and larger stuff.


2.  Spending Freeze - If we can do without it, we will.  I do have money set aside for some purchases such as garden seeds.  Of course bills, pet foods, etc will be allowed.  I just want to cut out any extra purchases.  I started out by skipping my Amazon Subscribe and Save this month.  Nothing on there was a true need so I saved a bit to start off.


3.  Add Eight Items to My Etsy Shop - My Etsy shop did well this past year so I want to expand it a bit with new items. 


Are you setting any goals for the year?  I would love to hear from you so I can cheer you on.  Let's make 2021 awesome!!

1 comment:

terricheney said...

I'm doing a pantry freezer challenge as well. I have so much stuff on hand at present and we need some extra cash for doctor visits and such. I too am trying to put a freeze on spending for the month. We have so much and there's little that is truly needed.