Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring?

I went out to my car this morning to find the windshield covered in frost. I specifically remember the calendar stating several weeks ago that spring had arrived. I guess mother nature does not own a calendar. Fortunately all of the plants I set out are sheltered either by a big tree or the porch. No harm was done to any of the new plants. Even the plants out in the open were not damaged as the frost was not really heavy.

I am NOT a fan of winter or cool weather and am ready for last week's warm temperatures to return. By Saturday it will be warm again and next week will bring nice weather for more planting. Pictures will follow next week once I get the raised beds in order. Until then I am hiding in the house until the cold snap blows over.

No comments: