Monday, February 8, 2010

Routines

I find that things go more smoothly in my house if I stick to a routine. Being a housewife it is easy to say that I have plenty of time so why be in a rush to do anything. The problem is that I find it all too simple to do fun things and skip the boring household chores. My solution is to stick to a routine and treat my being a housewife as a job.

My morning routine is:
~Make bed
~Swish & swipe the bathroom
~Feed & water pets
~Clean litter box
~Make tea
I also get out of my PJs and get dressed including hair and makeup. It makes me feel more put together for unexpected visitors.

The afternoon consists of deep cleaning in a different room each day. I do one to two loads of laundry. If it is raining I do more loads on the sunny days. I also do Flylady's zone mission and exercise.

My evening routine helps me wrap up the day and prepare for the next. Each day I:
~Sweep & steam floor (sometimes just sweep)
~Feed & water pets again
~Pick out clothes for the next day
~Take out any foods for following day's meal
~Take out trash
~Clean up kitchen (I hate waking up to a dirty kitchen.)

Of course I have plenty of other chores to do throughout the day. This list keeps me on track. I still have plenty of time to play and relax. My routines definitely help me keep the house in order.

No comments: