Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Small Splurge

I saw this wonderful wire pedestal in a magazine a few months back. While going through my tear files, I decided to do a search and see how much it cost. I was happy to find that it was on sale for 50% off. When I added in shipping it would cost $16. I did not order it immediately. The more I thought about it, the more I knew I wanted it. I believe there is no point in being frugal if I never have any fun. I had some money saved, and I knew I wanted this. When it arrived, I was certain I made a good purchase. Currently it is holding fruit on the island in the kitchen, but I do plan to use it for cakes too. A bonus is that having the fruit displayed like this seems to be helping us eat more of it. This stand did have bananas which were quickly eaten.

Here is a better picture of the pedestal on the Crate and Barrel website.

No comments: