Friday, February 4, 2011

Make Your Own Foaming Hand Soap

I was tempted last week by a Groupon sale which would have gotten me seven bottles of foaming hand soap for $16. Initially it seemed like a good deal. Then my frugal side tapped me on the shoulder and reminded me I had an empty foaming hand soap bottle and liquid soap. I quickly dismissed purchasing the deal and set about making my own foaming hand soap.

You will need an empty foaming hand soap bottle. I added in about a tablespoon of liquid soap. Next I filled the bottle with hot tap water leaving an inch or so of space. I gently shook the bottle and gave it a couple of pumps. Voila, I was rewarded with foaming hand soap. The bottle of soap was free thanks to a coupon and sale. I cannot begin to guess how many dozens of bottles of foaming soap I can make from this one bottle of liquid. A minute or so of "work" saved me $16.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

What a great idea! I am almost to the bottom of my foaming hand soap. You have given me inspiration to make my own! Thanks!!