Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Freezer Challenge - Day 1

Yesterday was the first day of my freezer challenge.  I was able to use several items since I made a serious effort. Here is a quick rundown of what I used on day 1.

From the refrigerator freezer
~For breakfast I ate the last biscuit
~I also took out two bags of homemade bread ends/pieces.  Those only half count since I turned them into bread crumbs and put them back in the freezer. Now they are usable.
~My lunch was one of my homemade frozen meals.
~I removed a container of chickpeas to roast.
~I used shredded zucchini to make muffins.

From the outside freezer
~A container of half and half is thawing in the fridge and will become vanilla ice cream.
~I needed a pound of butter and pulled one from the freezer.

From the inside freezer
~I used cranberries in the zucchini muffins.  Those went back in the freezer but will be my breakfasts over the coming week. 
~Homemade burritos were our supper last night.

I am certain every day will not be that good.  It proves that I have plenty of useful items on hand already.  I just need to be proactive about making use of what I have. 

No comments: