Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Freezer Challenge Days 6-10

Have you ever felt like you were taking one step forward and two steps back?  That is what it has felt like here recently.  Sunday was Homecoming at our church.  I was busy with various things related to that.  Then it was a matter of catching up on things at home after it was over.  I did still manage to use a few freezer items along the way. 

Saturday the 6th - I took out two packages of whole kernel corn to thaw for Sunday's meal.  I also used some pecans.

Sunday the 7th - I took 160 frozen crescent rolls out of the freezer.  I am thankful for a warming oven which allowed them to rise quickly.


Monday the 8th - I used the last two frozen turkey burgers and two homemade hamburger buns.  I also cooked some frozen french fries.

Tuesday the 9th - I used a package of ground venison and half a package of frozen mixed vegetables to make soup.

Today - Sadly the only thing eaten from the freezer has been ice cream.  We spent longer than planned in town today and had take out for lunch.  We have enough leftovers for supper.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. 

It feels good to be caught up and have life back to normal - for a little while!

No comments: