Thursday, November 8, 2012

Indoor Plants

Not only do I have plants outside I also keep some inside.  My indoor plants are mainly in the kitchen windows as they are safe from the cats there.  I have a variety of violets.  All of them were purchased on clearance. 


 

 
You should be able to see a small pill bottle in the middle.  While I was repotting one of the violets over the weekend, a leaf fell off.  It was a small, new leaf so I immediately put it in water to root.  I hate to waste it when it could become a new (free) plant.
 
I also have an orchid which was purchased on clearance for $2.50.  I am still learning to grow these, but I am enjoying the blooms now.
 
 
I have mentioned before that I enjoy finding clearanced price plants.  With a bit of care they can quickly grow back into their former glory.  I do not mind a little patience in exchange for saving money!

No comments: