Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Weekly Menu

With an upcoming return to working part-time, I am trying to get back into the habit of making a weekly menu.   I want to make the most of what we have on hand but will still stock up on a few sale items.

Pizza and Salad - The crust recipe I have makes a double batch so one crust will go into the freezer for a future meal.  Rather than a sauce I saute fresh chopped tomatoes with olive oil and garlic.  Our pizza gets loaded with veggies only.

Barbecue Stuffed Potatoes - I am using up the remaining barbecue to top baked potatoes along with sour cream, cheese, and chopped veggies.

Cheeseburgers & Fries - I have two homemade buns left and will cook frozen fries to go along with them.  This will be a quick alternative to take out after grocery shopping.

Taco Salads - I make my own seasoning and tortillas. We will top them with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, and homemade salsa instead of taco sauce.
Salsa Mac - This is a homemade version of the boxed version.  I have not made it in a while so it will be a nice change.  I will serve it with cole slaw or a salad. 

Omelets - Our hens are laying well so we will have breakfast for supper one night.  I will add in some fruit for a nice evening meal.

Pork & Beans with Hot Dogs, Au Gratin Potatoes - I will make my own pork and beans in the crockpot with plenty of extras for the freezer.  The au gratin potatoes will be from scratch and are a simple mixture of spices, potatoes, and cream.

Baked Fish, Slaw, Sweet Potato Fries - I am trying homemade frozen sweet potato fries. If they are good, I will put the rest of the sweet potatoes into the freezer.
Tomato soup & grilled cheese - The tomato soup is homemade from the freezer.  It is much better than canned soup and just as easy. 

Turkey Sandwiches & Chips - Sunday nights are busy here and call for a simple meal.  I will be having sprouts with mine. 

No comments: