Monday, February 25, 2013

Menu Plan

It feels like I just made a menu plan.  This past week flew by, and I am not sure where it went.  This coming week I will be teaching two classes so I am planning a couple of easy meals. 

Turkey sandwiches & tomato soup - We did not eat the tomato soup so we will have it this week with the leftover turkey.

Chicken, macaroni & cheese, green beans - A local grocery store offers a special on fried/roasted chicken.  This will help me put a meal on the table quickly.  The macaroni & cheese will be homemade from the freezer, and the green beans are home canned.

Breakfast for supper - waffles or pancakes, turkey bacon, eggs, and fruit make a good evening meal.

Chicken Leftovers - We always have chicken leftover so we will have it in a different way either as sandwiches, quesadillas, etc.

Salsa Mac - a leftover meal idea from last week.  I will add a salad on the side.  I can prepare this in advance for a simple meal after church.

Turkey Ranch Burgers & Fries - Another work day meal.  This will be easy to put on the table in less than half an hour. 

Pizza & Salad - This is a weekly staple on our menu as it is one of W's favorite and will be his birthday dinner.

Chili, Brunswick Stew, & Potato Cheese Soup - Okay these will be served on separate days - not all at once.  We have two cooler days at the end of the week, and I wanted several options for W for our evening meal. 

I am sure I will have to reorganize some things.  I hope for the most part that we stick to the menu.  I need to dig in the freezer this week and see what I have that can be used for next week's meals. 

No comments: