Monday, April 1, 2013

Yard Sale Finds

 
I had a busy March while I was away from blogging.  I hope to catch you up on what I have been doing the next few days.  March was the time for the annual Peaches to Beaches yard sale.  I had a specific list of items on my wish list.  I was surprised that I found most of them.  A filing cabinet was at the back of my mind, but W spotted a two drawer for just $5. A definite need was a four cup coffee maker to replace the one we have which is on its last legs (or drips).  I actually bought two for a grand total of $4.  I have had a food mill on my Amazon wish list for quite some time and was thrilled to find one in very good condition for just $1.
 
 

I needed some new shelf liners for the cabinets and typically use wallpaper.  I have not had any luck at the local thrift stores.  I found two very large rolls along the yard sale route for 25 cents each.  This will last me for several changes.
 
 
I did have a couple of impulse buys.  I found a picture frame that I loved which will be repainted and get a new mat.  I also bought an immersion blender.  I have one that works perfectly but could not pass up a new one still in the box for just $2.


My best find was a large white serving platter.  I had mentioned several times that this was at the top of my list.  I had looked at a new one with a price tag of $30.  At one of our stops I found one exactly like my dream platter marked at $7.  My dad, who loves to negotiate, bargained the seller down to $5.  I cannot wait to serve a Thanksgiving turkey on it this year.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

You did very good! Many useful things.
We were just talking about yard sales yesterday. My family told me several things they want me to watch for.

Susan in SC said...

Great finds at the yard sale!!

Lorita said...

I like your yard sale finds! Some of them reminded me of a couple things I should look for. For one, a large platter like you found, and I have been wanting a wood serving tray that has sides on it as I want to set it on the ottoman, then company can set their coffee cup there since I don't have room for side tables. Now I better start thinking of other things to look for, then hope I feel up to going to some sales. Come to think of it, I thought I saw where our town is having city wide sales this weekend. Ibetter check the paper.

terricheney said...

All caught up with you again. Lovely that the pumpkin lasted so long on the porch and turned so sweet. It was all those frosty mornings. Granny swore that collards, pumpkins and sweet potatoes NEEDED frost to taste their best. I think she was right. Certainly the sweet potatoes bought in the grocery seem to indicate the lack of frost.