Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekly Menu

Last week's menu worked out pretty well except that the end of the week temperatures were warmer than when I planned the menu.  The soup and chili meals were skipped.  It seems we might be done with those until fall.  I am trying a bit different approach this week.  I am going to serve lunch later and plan a more snacky supper.  I found last week that we were not very hungry at night.  I think having light but healthy snacks in the evening will be a better option.

Pizza & Salad - This is a regular menu item for us as W loves pizza.

Chicken, hash brown casserole, & peas - I am still working chicken into the menu.  I want to try a new hash brown casserole recipe.  W normally will not eat the hash brown casserole, but I think this whole foods version will be more to his liking.

Turkey pot pie - I found a container of pot pie filling in the freezer and also two pie crusts.  This will be a good but easy meal.

Spaghetti & meatballs, salad & breadsticks - I made meatballs and frozen them earlier.  I also have breadsticks in the freezer.  Salad from the garden will round out the meal.

Barbecue sandwiches & chips - I have a Boston butt in the freezer to cook in the crockpot this week.  I will end up with several meals worth of meat to freezer.

Chicken tenders and french fries - This will be an easy weekend meal.  I fixed up my homemade frozen chicken tenders last week so these can quickly be put in the oven along with frozen french fries.

Taco pasta and salad - We have plenty of ground venison in the freezer.  I may half this to minimize the leftovers.  I will use my homemade taco seasoning to keep the sodium levels in check.

No comments: