Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekly Menu Plan & Grocery Spending

Last week flew by on me, and I feel like I did not accomplish much.  I did make several batches of "pocket" type sandwiches for the freezer.  I also changed the menu around just a bit.  The weather turned rainy and very cool.  I cannot remember the last time it was so cool in May.  I ended up making tomato soup in the crockpot one night.  We also had the last of the potato cheese soup from the freezer one day.  Some meals are being carried over from last week.

The Usual (Pizza & Salad)

Big Salads - I am hoping we have some cucumbers to add to these this week.  There are lots of little ones in the garden.  I am crossing my fingers that they have a growth spurt this week.

Cube steak, macaroni & cheese, vegetables from freezer - I still have not tried out the meat tenderizer so that is at the top of the list this week.

Baked fish, Parmesan noodles, cole slaw - a carryover from last week. 

Sloppy joes & chips - another carryover

Deer meat with carrots, onions, & potatoes; rolls - This is normally a winter meal, but the cooler weather is hanging around for a day or so.  The last bag of potatoes I bought were not the greatest so I am anxious to use them up.

Turkey burgers & fries - I have premade turkey burgers in the freezer along with homemade buns.

I ended up spending $31 last week.  That means I used $7 of this week's grocery money.  I do have fruit and chips for Warren's lunch this week so that will help.  I also decided to buy avocados to put in the freezer since they were on sale for Cinco de Mayo.  I have $13 to spend this week so I will need to be careful with my shopping.

No comments: