Monday, June 29, 2015

Weekly Savings & A One Question Poll

First you may notice a one question poll on the left hand side of the blog.  We have started on the process of building our new house.  We are doing much of the work ourselves, and I wanted to share the process.  I am curious if you would like to see posts about this in a separate blog.  Please take a second to vote.  Thank you!

It has been a few weeks since I posted about my savings.  I am going to hit the high points.

I ordered some clothing for my cousin's little girl online.  I am planning a review post of this soon.  I got four pieces of clothing for free.  I also ordered some clothes for myself from another online site.  It was not free was deeply discounted.  I will be doing a review of this site as well.

We have been doing some yard work in preparation for our new house.  We needed to move our goldfish to a temporary home.  My parents loaned us a water trough which works perfectly and actually gives the fish more room.

I finished crocheting a baby blanket, long-tailed stocking cap, and diaper cover for my new nephew due next month.  The cost of the yarn was reasonable.  I basically have time in a nice gift.

The garden continues to produce well.  I have been harvesting tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, herbs, and a few figs.  I have put stuffed jalapeno peppers in the freezer.  I have also canned several jars of candied jalapeno slices.  These are addictive and very yummy.  I have frozen some cucumber slices to use for infusing water later this year.  The herbs have gone into dishes or into herbal teas/infusions.
I checked in on my neighbors' house, pets, and garden and earned a little money to put toward the new house.  I also baked a large cake for an engagement party.  The local bakery was closed and the family was desperate.  I hate baking cakes for other people, but it was good money to put into savings.

I really want to be able to borrow as little money as possible for the new house so I will be stepping up the savings.  I told W to let me know if things got too tight.  I know we have to sacrifice a bit now to reach our goal!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I would like to see posts on your new house as you are building it. Whether on this site or a different blog, it really doesn't matter.

lizvee said...

Please share your pics.. I enjoy new construction
& remodels. . Having personally experienced both..
Wishing you well in your new undertaking..
Liz

lizvee said...

Please share your pics.. I enjoy new construction
& remodels. . Having personally experienced both..
Wishing you well in your new undertaking..
Liz