Saturday, December 12, 2015

Book Review: Life and Other Near-Death Experiences

I stepped outside of my reading comfort zone with Life and Other Near-Death Experiences by Camille Pagan.  Libby Miller is an eternal optimist until one awful day brings her entire world crashing down.  She responds by abandoning her life and escaping to the Caribbean in an attempt to ignore everything that has gone wrong.  While this is not my usual genre, I was drawn into Libby's life and did not want to put the book down.  I thought about the decisions I would make if I were thrust into Libby's position.  I do not wish to give too much of the story away.  The book is a thought provoking journey through dark times.  It forces the reader to choose what things are truly important in life.  I was happy with my selection and can see I need to push myself a bit more often in my reading choices if they all turn out like this!

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: