Saturday, December 5, 2015

Book Review: A Pain in the Tuchis

A Pain in the Tuchis by Mark Reutlinger is a fun cozy mystery that made me feel like I was having a visit with a Jewish grandmother.  The story is set at the Julius and Rebecca Cohen Home for Jewish Seniors.  It seamlessly blends two story lines into one book.  Vera Gold's death raises no alarms until her sister begs Mrs. K to investigate.  Readers are introduced to a variety of characters at the home through the narration of Ida.

I was pleased with the progression of the story and the way secondary events were introduced.  Mark Reutlinger has found a new fan in me.  While this was the second book in the Mrs. Kaplan Mystery series, it easily stands on its own.  I appreciate that as I do not often read series in order.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments: