Sunday, December 20, 2015

Book Review: Thread and Gone

Thread and Gone by Lea Wait was a cozy mystery and history lesson all rolled into one.  This book from the Mainely Needlepoint Mystery series easily stands on its own which is always a plus for me. Angie Curtis is the main character in this needlepoint themed mystery.  What starts with research on a piece of antique needlepoint quickly turns into something more when a local lawyer is murdered.

The author weaves in information about needlepointing as well as history lesson on Mary, Queen of Scots.  I have only a passing interest in needlepoint, but the book was held my attention.  The characters are easy to like and quickly felt like old friends. While not one of my all-time favorites, I would read more of the series if given the chance.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: