Saturday, April 27, 2019

Weekend Book Reviews

Kappy King and the Pie Kaper by Amy Lillard is the third book in the Amish Mystery series.  Everyone is shocked when the bishop's wife Alma has an accident that puts her in a coma.  People begin to question if her pie making skills and the upcoming pie contest are the motives behind the attack.  Kappy and her outcast friend Edie are on the case.  I have to admit this is one of my favorite cozy mystery series.  I adore Kappy, Edie, and Jimmy - the three main characters of the book.  The book has plenty of suspense and is well written.  I look forward to many, many more books in this series.

The thirteenth book in the Crochet Mysteries series by Betty Hechtman is Hooks can be Deceiving.  A craft channel is planning to tape an episode of a new crochet themed show at the bookstore where the Tarzana hookers meet.  The show is off to a rocky start when it becomes apparent that the host cannot crochet.  Molly, employee at the bookstore and member of the crochet group, has to put that problem to the side when a new member of the group is killed.  Now that I crochet I appreciated the crochet themed mystery, but it is an enjoyable book for any cozy mystery fan. 

disclosure:  I received these e-books through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: