Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My New Pantry

Rhonda of A Home with a Smile has been gently reminding me to post some pictures of the finished home remodeling project. The problem with that is my DH is notorious for starting a project, almost completing it, and then getting bored and quitting. Sadly the remodeling project fits right in with that. I hate to post pictures of half-completed rooms. One room is done and that is the walk-in pantry.
My pantry has some food items but mainly stockpile items from couponing. Pre-pantry all of this stuff was completely unorganized. I did not have a problem with buying things I already had since obviously I already had most of this stuff. If it is free I have a very hard time saying "no". It is not a finished pantry. My main concern was getting as many shelves on the walls as possible.

One wall with candles/air fresheners, cleaners, toilet paper, paper towels

Health and beauty items

I love, love, love this setup. It is so convenient to put everything away and very easy to "shop". It was worth all of the trouble, chaos, and mess of the remodel. The majority of these items were free or almost free. For anyone who says there are no coupons on items they use (a common excuse I hear), this is proof that is not true. That is unless these people are not using deodorant, shampoo, soap, or toothpaste at least.

Coupons have been a true blessing and have helped us to afford for me to be a housewife. I will admit that it takes time and a bit of work to get everything organized before a shopping trip. It is a thrill to see how low I can get the total. It is worth all of the effort!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Thanks for curing my curiosity, I have really been wanting to see your new pantry.
and it looks great! It looks more stocked and organized than most store shelves
I know you will enjoy your new shelves.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Debbie J said...

Looks great! I use an old pie safe for foods and a cabinet over the washing machine for shampoos, air fresheners and the like. It would be nice to have it all in one place like yours.