Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Shopping Trip

I love coupons. I only use coupons for items I would normally buy unless it will make the product free or practically free. It does take time to organize a shopping trip to best utilize the coupons. The savings helps me to be able to remain a housewife. Here is a recently shopping trip with my totals and savings!

First store was CVS I had a $1 coupon and got back $2 in extra bucks on this purchase so my out of pocket (OOP) cost was $0.20.


Next was Walgreen's I saved $3 with coupons. I spent $20.69 but will get back $14.83 through the rebate program so my OOP cost will be $5.86. That made the two bottles of honey a very good deal.





This was a regional grocery store purchase. I spent $2.18 and saved $6.98. We use these items regularly. I try to stock up when I have coupons so I do not have to pay full price.

Last was Walmart. I had some free items on this trip. The Johnson's Buddies were free and are great to include in the Operaton Christmas Child shoeboxes. The Air Wick Lumin Air was free as were the two packages of Green Giant Steamers. Dh wanted to try the Pillsbury Savorings and $1 coupons made them more affordable. I also had coupons on the Coffeemate, cream cheese, Kashi bars, and popcorn (for dh's lunch). My total was $29.12, but I saved $18.

My total savings for the trip was $28.98, which is roughly 36%. I am hoping to be able to continue to seriously use coupons to cut my shopping bills over the coming year. I really want to focus on saving and spending smarter in the coming year. I have a goal in mind which I will share tomorrow.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

Don't you just LOVE coupons?!!! Great shopping deals!