Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Baby Shower

My cousin is eight months pregnant with her first baby so that called for a baby shower.  She only wanted to have one shower, and I was put in charge of it.  I knew I wanted to do something a bit out of the ordinary.  I do not mean that the way other people or even myself have done it is not nice.  I simply wanted something different. As luck would have it, the colors I chose for the shower were the ones being used in the baby's nursery.

My dear husband gave me the idea of grouping the tables rather than stretching them out.  He also helped me set up many of the decorations.  First up was the gift table.



I put pink tablecloths with lime green runners on the table for eating.  I have used the bowls dozens of times.  I filled them with pink and green tissue paper.  I used Imaginisce Snag 'Em stamps to bring in the theme.  I thought it matched rather well.


Our menu included banana nut mini-muffins, doughnut holes (homemade with my Babycakes maker), French toast sticks and syrup, homemade vanilla yogurt, granola, fruit, breakfast casserole (sausage, egg, and cheese), and mini-biscuits with ham.  We also served orange juice and coffee.



I labeled everything using the same Princess stamp.  It was not the fanciest shower as I was working with a limited budget.  I received many comments on how nice everything looked.  My cousin was happy which was all that mattered to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job with everything. Thumbs up to your husband on the idea with the tables.

blessings, jilly
visiting from if you do stuff