Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Homemade Duster

I have been spending quite a bit of time on Pinterest recently.  I have found many good ideas so I do not think it is wasted time.   I do limit myself to how long I can browse the ideas.  One of the items I found was a reusable duster.  I already had a handle but did not use it often.  I liked the shape of the dusting cloths but hated the waste.  I had been using a cloth which was not wasteful but lacked the shape.  I followed this tutorial and in minutes made a reusable duster that combined the best of both.

The blog states that flannel is the best with polar fleece as an option.  I had a piece of fleece leftover from the blankets I made as Christmas gifts.  I decided to work with what I had.  I ended up with enough fabric to make five dusters.  I was actually so excited by it that I dusted the entire house.  I was pleased with how well it collected dust and even happier that I could toss it in the laundry basket. 

No comments: