Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mesh Bag Dish Scrubby

Since I started learning to crochet, I have paid more attention to any crochet projects on blogs.  Some are much too advanced for me to do more than look at right now.  I have found a few that are very doable for a beginner.  This project featured at Mooberry Farm Homesteading Journal is one of them. 
I had saved several mesh produce bags for some unknown reason.  Mine came from a bag of lemons.  The amount of yarn needed is minimal.  I could have used scraps if I had any.  The cost to make it was practically $0.  I am still slow so this took me about 20 minutes to complete. 


You can find a tutorial for making your own mesh bag scrubby here.  I have already started asking people to save their mesh produce bags for me.  I love that it is washable and made from items that would have been tossed in the trash.

3 comments:

Vicki in UT said...

I am so excited to try this. I always seem to save mesh bags, then not know what to do with them. Now I know! I think these will last longer than the nylon net scrubbies I have been making.

happeningswithLana said...

Cool project TFS!

Anonymous said...

Lovely job! These are great to use and so fast to make. I'm glad you gave it a try. Yours looks fabulous, I love the yellow bag. Thank you for linking back to my blog, too. :o)

Have a wonderful day!