Monday, March 12, 2012

Peaches to Beaches Yard Sale

This past Friday and Saturday my family headed out to the Peaches to Beaches yard sale.  We only did a small section each day.  There is no way I could have lasted the entire length of the yard sale.  I did buy some useful items.  I had a few things on my list that I planned to buy new but found used instead.
I did not get pictures of four pairs of Aeropostale jeans for $10 total, a small Food Saver for $6, weed blocking cloth for $3.50 (which I need for some creative container gardening), two insulated cookie sheets for $3, and a bread machine for $5.  I already have two bread machines but I wanted another.  My husband is convinced I am quickly wearing out the two that I do have.  I did get pictures of a few of my best bargains though.

First up is a set of tart pans with removable bottoms.  These are brand new.  I paid $1 for the entire set.



About a month ago my husband asked for a four-slice toaster only to change his mind when I priced them.  We almost missed out on this one.  We were waiting in the vehicle while his parents got out at a home to look.  The homeowner was taking stuff out of a box and we spotted a four-slice toaster.  We quickly jumped out of the vehicle to have a look.  Our practically brand new four-slice toaster cost $2!

One of my wish list items was a large pot to use for canning.  I had priced one online and was prepared to use my Amazon cards earned through Swagbucks to buy it but held off until after the yard sale.  My eagle-eye husband spotted this one for $5.

I have not mentioned yet, but hubby and I are addicted to knitting with circle looms.  He has it worse than I do though.  At a church sale he found some yarn.  When he asked how much it was, he was told 25 cents per skein.  He quickly replied, "No, how much for all of it?"  The answer was $2.  He gave the table owner $3 instead.
She was moving to Florida and no longer crocheted.  Included were several projects which had been started.  We undid those and wound up the yarn.  In the end we had 60 skeins and the majority were full.  This gave us a very inexpensive way to make hat and scarves for our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.

Overall it was a successful two days.  I found many items I was looking to buy.  I am still tired but happy that we went.


2 comments:

Rhonda said...

that looks like fun, Dawn. And how nice that you really got things on your list.
really great deal on the yarn! I am sure the original purchaser of the yarn would be happy with how you will use it.

happeningswithLana said...

What a GREAT deal and such a worthwhile project to use it on. Love that you and hubby have a hobby in common.