Saturday, March 24, 2012

Deck

Next I went to work on the deck in the backyard.  This is our little oasis in the spring and summer months.  We along with the cats enjoy sitting out there.  We have a bird feeder, birdbath, and hummingbird feeders nearby.  It is peaceful and lovely with all of the flowers and plants.


Here is a sideways picture of one of the many iris blooms around the deck.  I planted a bunch of bulbs a few years ago, but there are the only ones that have survived.  Sorry again for the sideways photo.

This little petunia sprouted back and was buried in the weeds.  I love the splash of color that it adds.


This pot along with a matching one will hold two of our pineapple plants.  My dear husband rescued these from the recycling drop-off.  They did not look so nice when he brought them home.  That was fixed with a can of Krylon Fusion paint.  I wanted to get a before shot but he was too quick about painting them.  Here is a shot that will give you an idea of the before.  Paris (our cat) is being helpful by pointing out the before area.


I saw this either in a magazine or on Pinterest.  I already had the planter bottom but was not using it for anything.  All but the largest hen were gifts from a friend.

More clearanced  plants.  The white dianthus was from the previously mentioned purchase.  The blue flowering plant was $1.  The red geraniums were $1.25 each.  I think when it fills in it will be a nice red, white and blue display.

Ugh, another sideways picture!  On the top is a kiwi plant.  Our other two were a tasty snack for my parents' ducks.  This one is being kept safely away from them.  I will buy another next year most likely.  It is a hybrid and does not need a second but does better with one.  The bottom is a dwarf lemon tree.  I am very happy with how well it is growing.



Wisteria is normally considered an invasive plant.  We have kept this one trimmed back though.  It will never get much bigger than this with proper pruning.  I think they are pretty.


Finally is our pineapple corner.  The plants took a bit of a hit from the cold but should come back out.


Stop back Monday and we will head out to the greenhouse!

No comments: