Monday, March 26, 2012

Greenhouse and Garden Area

I spent much of my time trying to empty the greenhouse.  Since it has been in the 80s, the greenhouse is unbearably hot.  I have the door open but still needed to get everything except the seedlings out.  We have had two hail storms recently so I am not rushing to get the tiny seedlings out just yet.

Here are some tomato and pepper plants.

These are petunia plants.  I will be putting them in planters on the porch once they are a bit bigger.

I have planted cucumber seeds in these.  I also planted some zucchini, yellow squash, cantaloupe, and watermelon seeds.  These 30 pots are just cucumbers though.

Last year we tossed our rotting decorative pumpkins in the area where the old raised bed was.  I knew I would end up with lots of pumpkin plants.  I should probably thin them out, but I prefer to let nature take its course.  They are in an area of the yard where they can take over with no problems.




This is my accidental potato plant.  I threw some potatoes into my compost pile and one of them obviously sprouted.  Hopefully in another month I will have potatoes.


I cleaned out two of the raised beds.  I planted Indian corn and popcorn in one.  In the second I planted bell and banana pepper plants.  I also have some surprise carrots that sprouted.  I planted carrot and radish seeds as they should have time to make before they tomatoes overtake the area. 


We have been growing lettuce in containers in the greenhouse.  I moved it outside last week.  Soon I will feed this to the chickens and plant some more.  These are my mom's containers for tomato plants, and she will need them back once the tomato plants above are big enough to transplant.

No comments: