Friday, March 30, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate

I saw this recipe for Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate on Freedom Acres Farm.  That was one of the reasons I wanted a large pot for waterbath canning.  Since I got one for $5 at a yard sale and then got a free rack to go inside of it, I was ready to try this recipe.  I love that it only takes four ingredients - strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and water.

Our strawberry bed is too new to produce much so these are purchased strawberries.  Growing your own would make this recipe quite frugal.

Coarsely chop the berries and toss in a food processor.  Process until they are smooth.


The remaining ingredients are added.  Everything gets heated for a bit.  Then it goes into jars and gets processed in the waterbath for 20 minutes. 

I ended up with 6 quarts and a pint.  I did have a bit leftover so I got a taste.  It was delicious!  The flavors blended together very well.  It is not too sweet.  The concentrate is mixed with equal parts water although my husband mentioned that it would be good mixed with club soda.  If I can catch strawberries on sale again, I will definitely be making a second batch!

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

I will have to try this!