Monday, February 27, 2012

Daring Bakers' Challenge - Quick Breads

The Daring Bakers’ February 2012 host was – Lis! Lisa stepped in last minute and challenged us to create a quick bread we could call our own. She supplied us with a base recipe and shared some recipes she loves from various websites and encouraged us to build upon them and create new flavor profiles.

I intended to be much more daring than I actually was this month.  Life got in the way.  I did end up making banana mini-muffins.  I suppose the fact I picked out the recipe online and made them for a baby shower with no trial run was fairly daring.  I am notorious for doing that though.  I figure sharing it with a large group of people is a good test of how yummy something is.  The less I bring home, the better it must have been.


I used this recipe.  The fact that it is so highly rated makes my decision to use it much less daring.  I did use an egg substitute due to a three-year old niece with a severe egg allergy.  (She gets told she cannot eat many, many foods.  She proudly told me that she could eat these.)  I also added in some vanilla.  They were a big hit, and I will be making the larger version to keep in the freezer for myself. 

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Hi Dawn, I can just imagine how happy your niece was to have minimuffins. I am also guesssing you are her favorite aunt right now.

The big people at my house think mini muffins are fun too!