Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Around the Chicken House

Here are just a few random photos I took in the chicken house earlier in the week.

The two baby rabbits

The boy rabbit who still needs a name.  He seems to be trying to product his pan of food.

The girl rabbit who refuses to gnaw on anything so that her teeth grow too large.

Our duck's nest of eggs.  I found a two foot snake in the nest on Monday.  That is a definite downside to having farm animals.  I am not a fan of snakes at all.

Buff Cochin Hen

The little partridge cochin hen is nothing but a pet.  She runs to the door to be petted and will follow me out of the pen if I am not careful.  When she does, I only need to reach down and pick her up. 

The mille fleurs finished their supper and went straight to bed.
 
This pair of white ducks belongs to my mom.  She had a pile of baby ducks and needed a pen for these two.  They are staying in our "nursery" pen for a week.

2 comments:

Susan in SC said...

I love the partridge cochin hen! I have never seen anything like her. We had a king snake eat our baby birds. So sad!

Helena said...

They are all so cute!! You could do a blog competition on names for the rabbit boy :o)