Monday, June 18, 2012

Rooting African Violets - Part 2

Way back in January I put some African Violet leaves in water and ended up with lots of lovely roots as shown in this post.  I planted them.  I gave one away, one died, and one went into the kitchen window.  I kept watering it without seeing any progress.

Last week I got it down to water and saw a grouping of tiny leaves that had sprouted.  I was thrilled especially after reading all of the "that will never work" articles on the internet.  Sometimes the internet is not a good thing.  I am not sure how well my new little plant will do, but this seems to be a good victory. 

May I also say that this is a bit dangerous.  I am now looking on eBay for different varieties.  Note that I am just looking.  I am definitely going to be purchasing in the future though. 

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

I have never been successful with African Violets and I just love them. Maybe I will give them another try! You certainly have a green thumb!