Sunday, July 26, 2015

Meal Plan

I am desperately trying to get back into a routine: both in blogging and in my daily life.  I decided to start with a weekly menu plan.  As I have mentioned before weekends are hit or miss with needs for a meal.  Sometimes W is not hungry and sometimes he is.  If I cook a meal, he will not be hungry.  Over the next few weeks I want to stock the freezer with some heat and eat options.  I will do some single servings as well as multi-servings.  Even if he is not hungry, I still need to eat without resorting to junk foods.  For now I am just going to focus on meals during the week.  I need four dinners and four suppers each week.  This will be a work in progress until I straighten out the kinks and get a system that works for us.

Taco Pasta, Salad:  This is a favorite of ours.  I may add some corn muffins to finish off the meal.  It is basically a homemade version of a boxed convenience meal.

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff, Mashed Potatoes, Peas:  This is a new to me recipe.  I will use some pieces of deer meat rather than a whole roast.  I will also use dehydrated mushrooms rather than fresh ones.

Baked Fish, Parmesan Pasta, Carrots:  The Parmesan pasta is also a homemade version of a boxed mix.  I boil angel hair pasta.  When it is done I drain it and add butter, Parmesan cheese, and often pressed garlic and parsley.

Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Chips:  I am trying to eat up the conventionally raised chicken that is in the freezer.  This will be a quick evening meal or a make ahead meal for errand day.

Big Salads:  I can hardly wait until it cools down enough to grow some lettuce here.  I will add in some diced ham or chicken, peppers and cucumbers from the garden, and whatever vegetables are in the fridge.

Hamburgers & Fries:  We have an abundance of ground deer meat in the freezer so hamburgers with cheese on homemade buns are a good use of it.

Tuna Pasta Salad:  I seem to be on a pasta kick this week, but there is an abundance of it in the pantry right now.  I will add in vegetables from the garden and fridge as well as some thawed garden peas.  A bit of cheese and homemade ranch dressing will round it out.

Ham Sandwiches, Chips:  Sandwiches appear quite often on the menu this time of year.  Often it is too hot to eat much else.  Sometimes it is so hot that we skip a meal completely and eat homemade popsicles.  Not healthy, but if it is hot in your area you will understand.

No comments: