Sunday, November 15, 2015

Book Review: The Healthy Mind Cookbook

I love cookbooks, but it takes a really good one for me to be impressed.  When The Healthy Mind Cookbook arrived by UPS, I took it out of the box and immediately started reading.  I was so engrossed sitting on the back steps of our new house that both W and my dad came over to ask what I was reading.  I was drawn in by the wonderful photos and the useful information.



Rebecca Katz and Mat Edelson created a cookbook of healthy recipes that I want to cook and eat.  For the most part all of the recipes contain common ingredients.  The ones that are less common (kombu and ground kudzu root) can easily be purchased through Amazon.  I know this because I have already added both to my wish list as they are in recipes I plan to make.

The book provides information on 80+ ingredients and their health benefits.  Rather than getting the health benefits from pills, readers are encouraged to get them from food.  The recipes combine these ingredients into easy recipes to improve your brain and its many functions.  From Classic Magic Mineral Broth to Brandon's Roasted Broccoli and Pomegranate Mock Mojito to Chocolate Cherry Walnut Truffles, there is something for everyone.  This is a gorgeous cookbook that even a novice cook would find easy to use.

disclosure:  I received this book from Blogging for Books but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: