Saturday, November 14, 2015

Book Review: Yarned and Dangerous

Cozy mysteries are some of my favorite books to read.  Before bed I need something interesting enough to keep me reading but not so exciting that I cannot relax and fall asleep.  Not every cozy mystery fits those two items.  Yarned and Dangerous by Sadie Hartwell hit on both accounts.  I have recently taken up crocheting as a serious hobby.  While this book has knitting as a backdrop, it was close enough to count for me.

The book follows Josie Blair who has returned to Dorset Falls to care for her grumpy great uncle.  I enjoyed the small town aspect of the story as I could definitely relate to that.  I did guess part of the outcome of the book from the very beginning.  The mystery side was strong enough to keep me uncertain for most of the book.  The characters were likable, and I look forward to reading more about them in future books.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: