Monday, March 19, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 11

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 11 is a second food list.  I stay stocked pretty well on basics I do need to keep an eye out for a deal on peanut butter, jelly, and a few canned items.  I have two full freezers, but that will do me no good for a long term power outage.

2.  Makeover the Garden
I have planted all of the potatoes and have five pots.  I spent $4 on the seed potatoes and hope to harvest several pounds.  My plan for the coming week is to get one new raised bed built and filled.  We had frost one night this past week so I will not plant any of my seedlings until closer to Easter.  Just under two weeks until I can get the garden in full swing.

3.  Organize Recipes
I did not work on this goal last week and have no real plans to work on for the coming week.  Hot weather will be here soon enough so I am saving this chore for then.

4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I knocked another of this out last week.  I could have bought some things but chose instead to make use of what we had.  I have had 3 no spend weeks so far and should have no problem meeting or even beating this goal.

5.  Focus on Saving
We only spent a portion of the money I had set aside for the yard sales.  The leftover money will go toward the credit card debt. 

6.  Have Fun
I spent $6 to sign up for CBS All Access to watch my favorite team (Duke) play in the NCAA tournament.  I am excited to see so many ways to watch the tournament this year without having cable/satellite.  My bracket is already busted, but I am loving the madness that is March.

No comments: