Monday, March 26, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 12

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 12 was financial preparedness.  We have savings account set aside with our "Life Happens" money.  If you own stuff, that stuff will break.  It is easier to handle if money is already set aside.  I have been looking for little ways to save and reminding myself that the things I already do are worth it.


2.  Makeover the Garden
Toby and I cleaned out one raised bed that I will plant lettuce in.  W fashioned a brace over the top using materials we already had on hand.  This will allow the lettuce to grow up but keep the chickens from eating it.  We also started filling up one of the new raised beds.


3.  Organize Recipes
I worked on the garden, yard, and other things this past week.  This will be waiting for me when the weather is too hot to do much else.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I stocked up on quite a few things this past week:  coffee, W's fruit cups, and some Subscribe & Save items from Amazon.  I will be shopping again this week, but we have already completed three of these which is a nice start.


5.  Focus on Saving
I have decided to focus on our electricity usage.  Our electric co-op now has a daily usage chart.  I think it will take a little time to turn it into something useful.  I will definitely be looking for ways to cut our electric use.


6.  Have Fun
Between the garden and basketball playoffs, I have had fun this week.  Any other college basketball fans out there? 

No comments: