Tuesday, January 6, 2009

After Christmas Shopping

I have faithfully avoided the Christmas clearance sales. That is until yesterday. I needed Christmas cards. The ones I did not send out I sent overseas for my soldiers to send to their families. I found eight packages for a quarter each. While I was there, I decided to look for blue and silver ornaments for our planned themed Christmas tree. After some searching I found four boxes of those at $1 each. With no other needs/wants in mind, I browsed. Sigh! Can everyone see where this is going?

Actually I did not do too bad. I spent $18 on 18 other things. BUT!!! I will be selling 13 of those items for a profit hopefully. I need to make at least $18 back to add into my savings money. My thought is that if I can buy something cheap and resell it for more I can easily end up with more money toward a new home.

One of the things I am keeping is this Wilton stackable cookie cutter set. As you have seen from previous posts, I am giving cake decorating a try. I thought for $1 I could give cookie decorating a try as well. It looks interesting and I may bake some holiday cookies long before the holidays.


I feel like this post is a bit jumbled since I have several saving things to mention aside from the post holiday buys. I will save all of that for tomorrow and focus more on the saving portion of my thoughts then.

2 comments:

Bliss said...

Glad you are part of the frugal challange and LOVE your goal to build a home without a mortgage! You go girl!

Unknown said...

ClickMyCoupons.com offers the way of saving money by using printable coupons.