Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Recent Shopping

My dear husband organized the pantry today while I was at work so I thought it was a good time to post a couple more pictures. We are well stocked after our recent shopping trips.

We went out of town to Sam's Club last week. We bought organic spring mix, organic carrots, grapes, celery hearts, four pounds of yeast, 25lbs bread flour, trash bags, charcoal for grilling, bread, 5lbs mozzarella cheese, 5lbs cheddar cheese, and a few other things. I have stuck the receipt somewhere and I cannot find it right now. My total spending was $180. (I have a bit of OCD so rounding up is better.) I had $40 left from that week, which left me with $35/week for the next four weeks toward this bill. That gives me $15/week left to spend. I am going with average spending since some weeks I will buy more than others.


I got a $10 rebate check in the mail which gave me $25 to spend this week. I spent $20 - rounding up - which will give me $20 to spend next week if needed. Here is what I got:

Worcestershire sauce - 3
sour cream
tomatoes - 3
mint M&Ms
candy canes
oatmeal - 2
equal sweetener - 2
milk
gum - 6
cake mixes - 2
breakfast bars
syrup - 2
bakers joy
soap - 3
Ben & Jerry's ice cream - 2
salad dressing
mushrooms
air fresheners - 3
candles - 3


I think that was pretty good for $20. Part of it was for the pantry simply because the cost was too good to pass up. Other items I had coupons for that were expiring. The air fresheners and candles cost tax only. The ice cream was a splurge, but I had coupons. I am tired of shopping and really hope next week is a slow one sale wise. I know I have a few things to pick up but should be able to stay well within my budget.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

your pantry looks great!
My hubby is not supposed to move anything in our pantry though, it would not be a good thing if he tried to organize.

and have I mentioned I am just a bit jealous of your CVS deals?