Friday, January 9, 2009

New Family Member

I have mentioned to a few of my online friends about my new pet. Here he is!


This is Alvin a one year old formerly homeless guinea pig. One of dh's former co-workers had one too many pets and needed to find a good home for Alvin. The co-worker thought of my dh, who has a soft heart for any homeless animal. Alvin and the cats get along quite well. Paris and Lucy are much more afraid of him than he of them. We have actually wanted a guinea pig but did not want to buy one. We like to "rescue" animals.

Alvin came with a small cage (a new home is under construction), food, and bedding. We did go to Petsmart while out of town yesterday. He now has a little hiding hut, chew toys, and mineral licks. The cats got gifts too. Somehow we ended up with two more Betas as well. Daniella and Cameron are getting along very well with Selena. I cannot say that it was a completely frugal trip to Petsmart. I still maintain that pets are cheaper than children. We do spend money to keep the critters happy though.


The rest of the trip was frugal-ish, but that will hold until another day.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

Welcome home Alvin! I know you will be loved a great deal!