Thursday, January 29, 2009

Grocery Shopping

I talked dh into going shopping with me today. I had only intended to buy the items that had coupons which were expiring Saturday. Since I had him with me and had half of my February shopping money and my shopping list made out, I did the February shopping too. I bought some cheese, bananas, and Worcestershire sauce earlier in the week for $4 so I had $11 left plus my $200 February money. Here is what I ended up with today.


First stop was a regional grocery store where I bought two boxes of Ritz crackers and two bottles of Worcestershire sauce for $2.09. That was the last of my Worcestershire sauce coupons.


Next was Dollar General to use up the last two of my Pounce coupons that were expiring Saturday. I was happy to hear that Pounce was continuing their perks program so the codes from these will help get my closer to a nice reward. The total was 64 cents, which I just took out of grocery rather than pet.


Next stop was Rite Aid where I picked up the Fructis shampoo that is FAR this week. I used a coupon on this. I paid $2.20 but will get back $2.99! We also stopped by CVS. Most of the monthly free items were gone, but we picked up three of the nutra-trim and one nasogel. Total was $1.51 and $18.50 in EB. I got back $19.96 in EB to use later so am really only out 5 cents.
Last stop was Wal-Mart. I got dental floss, rice cakes, avocados, nectarines, salsa, flour, canned veggies, coffee creamers, pasta, canned chicken, dried beans, rice, seasonings ice cream, yogurt, cheese tortillas, frozen stir fry mix, frozen corn, reduced sub rolls and pita bread, moonpies, toaster strudel, soap, rice mixes, and a few other odds and ends for $66 oop. Not everything is pictures as the frozen and refrigerated items were put away. Oh, the flowers were leftover from a shower so they are not included.

We did stop for lunch from a fast food dollar menu since we were both hungry and dh was leaving as soon as we got home. That was $6.10.

Even adding that in I have $134 left in my February budget. The best thing is that I have everything needed for the February meals except for some fresh items. It would be great to have money leftover at the end of the month!

No comments: