Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Birds!!

Does anyone remember that Alfred Hitchcock movie? I still think it is one of the scariest movies ever. When was the last time you ran into a zombie or mutant alien? Now when was the last time you saw a few birds?


These are my mom's blackberry bushes which are loaded with fresh, juicy, ripe berries. All of the leaves and thorns are concealing a nest full of baby birds.



Here is what is guarding the nest and therefore the blackberry bushes.



Let me just say this mama bird could win a starring role in Hitchcock's movie. I cannot convince her that my interest is in the berries and not her babies. She swoops down at me squawking all the time. I picture all of her bird friends joining in the attack. That casts me as Tippi Hedren's character Melanie Daniels. My only rescuer was a dog who quickly tired of my cries for help and left me fend for myself. In the end I walked away with only mental scars and a gallon of berries

2 comments:

terricheney said...

Aren't Mockingbird's fierce? We used to have one that learned to whistle as we did for the dog. Well our dog soon figured out that it was the bird, but the neighbor's dog wasn't quite so smart. So poor Eugene was run ragged from electric pole to pump house everyday....At least it kept the barking down at night.

Vicki in UT said...

We have magpies who come and eat our cat's food. They are very fat and ferocious. I don't think I would want to compete with them for my boysenberries!