Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Furry Friends and Flowers

Whenever I get the camera out, the animals all seem to appear. They love to have their pictures taken. Lucy was keeping a close eye on JJ when I took this shot hence the laid back ears.








Bear loves to pose anytime she sees the camera. She prefers this "on alert" pose. It can be hard to get a good face shot at times. She thinks the profile shots are much better.






This is Casper who does not belong to me but enjoys visiting the herb garden for the catnip.





JJ hiding under a chair. He is a bit of a stalker although he only stalks the other cats.





I got several surprise zinnias after tossing out a packet of old seeds. This one was especially pretty.




This is a candy cane zinnia. They are not doing quite as well this year due to the extremely dry condition.




I honestly have no idea exactly what type of flower this is. I do know that it tolerates heat and drought very well which makes it a favorite of mine.




This is one of the sunflowers I planted in the garden. The idea was to use them to attract bees and increase pollination of the vegetables. My husband decided we needed something other than plain sunflowers.




2 comments:

Susan in SC said...

Aww such sweet furry babies and pretty flowers too!!

terricheney said...

Love the photos of the family pets. As you know I often include my animals on the blog because they are essentially part of who I am.

The flower you don't know the name of looks like gaillardia I think. Also known as Indian something...I had some and it really does love heat and doesn't mind drought. It does not however survive repeated lawn mowings well...