Friday, June 24, 2011

Use It Up

Last week was a bit hectic here. I had a sick husband and Vacation Bible School at church. I needed to make yogurt, which I did. I still ended up with a piece of a jar that had to be used up or fed to the chickens. Now I will be honest, my chickens love yogurt. I should really take a picture of them one day with their little beaks covered in yogurt.

Anyway..... I remembered bookmarking a recipe for Strawberry Daiquiri Popsicles at Simply Scratch. I did cheat and use homegrown strawberries that I had frozen. I also used bottled lime juice as I had no fresh limes in the refrigerator. I finally had a chance to eat one this week. They were delicious. I could have used a tad less lime juice, but I will definitely be making these again.

I recently discovered Simply Scratch and love that the recipes use whole foods. I am really trying to get away from using too much processed food in my cooking. The popsicles were a nice healthy treat made for pennies.

No comments: