Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Grocery Challenge - $25 Per Week Per Person

Several members of an online group and I are taking part in an unofficial grocery challenge based on the All You magazine challenge. The objective is to spend $25 per week per person on food. Since there are two people in my family, I have a budget of $50 per week. I had planned to start my challenge this past Wednesday, June 22. I did not realize that I would end up sick (bronchitis and pharyngitis). My shopping trip was delayed until yesterday. I am counting this spending as for the previous days as well. I planned my menus through next Tuesday though. I have a family reunion coming up this weekend. Part of my spending for the coming week will have to include items to cook for the reunion.

Spending first: $53.19 leaving me $46.81 for next week

I bought:
frozen pizza
chicken ranch wraps (frozen from Schwan's)
potato chips
natural almonds - 3 cans
Mrs. Dash - 2
crackers
candy bars - 6
chex mix - 2
cereal - 2
wheat tortillas
lettuce
tea bags
toaster strudel - 2
ice cream
flour
whipping cream

Meals planned:
pizza and salad
pork tenderloin, au gratin potatoes, okra
tomato sandwiches
spaghetti and meatballs, salad, garlic bread
chicken ranch wraps and French fries
hamburgers and chips
beef stew
bean burritos
tuna pasta salad
breakfast for supper - sausage, grits, eggs, toast
steak, potatoes, squash/peas

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

Your meals sound delicious!