Monday, August 27, 2012

Holiday Grand Plan

 
Each year at this time summer starts to wind down, and I can begin to feel autumn in the air.  My mind starts to wander to the upcoming holidays.  I also drag out my Holiday Grand Plan notebook and start making lists.  Can I just say how much I love lists!  I make lists of the lists that I need to make. 
 
Over the years I have tailored the plan to fit my needs.  This week is List Week.   The plan focuses on cleaning as well as holiday prepThis year I opted to get a head start on the cleaning mainly due to the fact my house was a wreck after garden season.  This week's cleaning area is the front porch.  I will spruce it up a bit and make note of any items that need to be repaired or replaced.
 
Here is a peek at my to do list for the week:
~Make gift lists (who, ideas for what to buy, and budget guidelines)
~Update Christmas card list
~Think about foods for holiday parties
~List of freezer meals
~Order promotional materials for Operation Christmas Child (I coordinate this at my church.)
~Start making Christmas cards
~Plan Christmas card photo
~Clean porch
 
I know it seems early to be thinking about the holiday season.  It is closer than you may want to think.  Even a little planning goes a long way.  I will update you at the end of the week on what I accomplished. 

1 comment:

Helena said...

You are my organising twin! I haven't quite written my list yet, but it's going on in my head. I have bought some craft things to start making Christmas cards and I though I'd start that in October. :o)
I know that as soon as I see Christmas things start appearing in shops, the garden centres are always first, I'll be ready to cheer! I can't wait for the magazines in October, always with Christmas themes!