Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Don't Toss Those Scraps


I love mailing letters in colorful envelopes.  It is cheaper to make the envelopes myself.  To make an envelope, I have to trim down pieces of 8 ½” x 11” paper.  I could not bear to toss the scraps that were trimmed away.  I decided to use them to make cute, colorful notepads to include in my Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes.

 


 

W found me a heavy duty stapler on clearance, and a package of 1,000 staples cost just $2.  I cut the pieces of paper in half so there were 4 ¼” long.  I decided to alternate the colors and made mini notepads of 25 pieces of paper.

 


 

I ended up with 36 of these colorful notepads for just the cost of a staple which was not even half a penny.  It was great to find a use for the scraps.  The notepads will be a fun addition to my shoeboxes.

No comments: