Tuesday, February 25, 2014

In The Kitchen


This past week I tried a couple of recipes I had saved.  Both came from Table for Seven.  The first was a recipe for homemade marshmallow fluff.  It came together really quickly and tasted amazing.  I almost did not make it as I had some marshmallow fluff in the pantry.  The flavor of the homemade version is so much better.  I know most people are against using raw egg whites.  These were from super fresh eggs which were laid within 3 hours of when I made this.  Plus, I personally know the chickens so I feel a bit safer.

 


 

This homemade marshmallow fluff went into a second recipe from Table for Seven – baked s’mores bars.  I did not read the recipe properly and ended up putting a bit too much fluff in mine (if there is such a thing). 

 


 

It all ended up well in the end.  These are very sweet but yummy.  The graham cracker crumbs are a great addition to the dough.  I will definitely make these again but will stick to a lesser amount of fluff.

 


 

My final project was a method for shaping sandwich buns from If You Do Stuff.  I already know that Rhonda has great bread recipes.  My sandwich buns always ended up a bit too thick in the center.  I saw Rhonda’s post and decided to give it a try.  They turned out great and are much better for sandwiches.

 

1 comment:

Vicki in UT said...

With your nice fresh eggs, I wouldn't be a bit worried about making this recipe.