Thursday, February 13, 2014

Grocery Spending

For the past two weeks I have just squeaked in under budget buy using some change from my wallet.  This week I actually spent $43, but I had a $3 coupon off my shopping order which dropped it back down to my $40 limit.


I did a bit of stocking up this week though.  I had been wanting to make more yogurt.  I lucked out by finding a half gallon of whole milk marked down to $1.39.  Then I found six half gallons of 2% milk for $1.79 each.  Five of those went into the freezer for future use.  Does anyone else buy marked down dairy products?  All of these containers of milk have a date of February 17.  I have found that milk is good past the date though.  By freezing the milk I can extend the use time.  The whole milk will be turned into yogurt this weekend.  I did have to purchase a small container of yogurt as a starter.  It cost nearly as much as my milk did!


Other items included some fresh fruit, half & half for today's tomato soup lunch, cheese, more cereal for W, canned frosting to make a cake for W to take to work, pimientos, and some cheese.  I have been craving pimiento cheese sandwiches which W does not like.  That will be my lunches while he is at work.


I intended to post some pictures.  When I pulled out the camera, I discovered the batteries were dead.  Of course, I had no back up batteries charged.  That is my excuse for the picture-less post.  Good intentions are no match for drained batteries.

2 comments:

Susan in SC said...

My camera always seems to have drained batteries when I really want to use it! LOL!!

Lilac Dreams said...

I remember growing up we use to buy sliced pimento cheese, not individually wrapped slices like now