Thursday, July 24, 2014

In the Kitchen


I have been very busy in the kitchen the past two days.  I made breadcrumbs from the bread I baked over the weekend.  I ground some wheat berries and made two more loaves of bread.

 


 

I shredded a large zucchini and froze two cups of it.  I used the rest to make a double batch of cranberry zucchini muffins.  I also used some of the wheat flour and coconut oil to make them a bit healthier.  I put half of the amount of sugar the recipe needed.  The muffins were sweet enough. 

 


 

I used part of the breadcrumbs I made to coat a batch of jalapeno poppers.  I used jalapeno peppers from the garden.  I did a smaller batch than I normally do.

 


 

I also made some fig preserves.  More on that in a detailed post next week.

 


 

I even managed to put together a decent lunch of big salads.  I did save a large slice of bread to use for croutons.

 


 

All of that cooking left me with a big pile of dishes.  I am not a fan of washing dishes, but it is a side effect of cooking.

 

No comments: